Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Investing Based on Demographics

It’s a fact North America is getting older. The baby boomers have made their mark in every stage of their life and their retirement and old age will be no different. I’ve compiled a little list of some of my favorite companies that will be directly benefiting from the aging North American population. Please feel free to add your companies to the comments section and then I’ll compile a comprehensive list later in the week.

CSH.UN
SC
CLC.UN
JNJ
TEVA

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hate to be picky but would it be possible to list the company name as well as the stock symbol? I don't have very many of them memorized.

Mike

MG (moneygardener) said...

Walgreens (WAG)

CVS Caremark Corporation (CVS)

The Scotts Miracle Gro Company (SMG)

Fortune Brands (FO)

IGM Financial (IGM)

T. Rowe Price Group Inc. (TROW)

Disney (DIS)

Reitmans (RET.A)

Anonymous said...

MG - thanks!

Mike

Anonymous said...

Good Idea Mike,

In the compiled post I'll also provide a brief description of each name.

CSH.UN (Chartwells Seniors Housing)
SC (Shoppers Drug Mart)
CLC.UN (CML Health Care)
JNJ (Johnson & Johnson)
TEVA (Teva Pharmaceutical)

Cheers,
MCM

MG (moneygardener) said...

Here's some more:

Allergan, Inc. (AGN)

Rite Aid Corp. (RAD)

Pfizer (PFE)

Glaxo (GSK)

Callaway Golf (ELY)

Nurseb911 said...

NADX (National Dentex)
BAX (Baxter)
HAE (Haemonetics)
KMB (Kimberly Clark)

Anonymous said...

Woah! I'm really loving the template/theme of this site. It's simple, yet effective.

A lot of times it's challenging to get that "perfect balance" between user friendliness and appearance. I must say you've done a superb job with this.
In addition, the blog loads very fast for me on Safari.
Excellent Blog!

My blog acoustic guitar chord